Associated Kiln Driers Pty Ltd (AKD Softwoods) is a 100% Australian owned and operated integrated forestry and timber processing company with operations in Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. The head office is based in Colac, Victoria where it was founded in 1955. AKD is equally owned by four founding family company shareholders, including Kilmour Investments.
Driven by 1100+ employees, AKD has built an excellent reputation on quality, service and flexibility. AKD has a wide range of products and an end-to-end planning process that enables products to be made to order and dispatched to customers across Australia. AKD’s products are used in a wide range of applications, including in the housing, outdoor, renovations, garden and landscaping, and agricultural markets.
AKD is distinctive amongst its key competitors for exceptional service and relationship-approach coupled with being the largest softwood sawmiller in Australia. The vertically integrated operations comprise:
- Six sawmills processing in excess of 2,000,000m3 of sawlog per annum, producing over 1,000,000 cubic metres (25,000 B-Doubles trucks) of timber products annually (20 – 25% of Australia’s production)
- Over 12,000 hectares (30,000 acres) of sustainably grown radiata pine plantations located in Victoria, NSW and South Australia
- A value-add treatment and distribution centre in NSW
- Two post and pole preservation businesses
- A softwood chip export operation in Geelong
- Multiple treatment facilities
Offcuts Newsletter for NSW Acquisition